Wednesday 16 January 2013

Tv project continued...

This is my third tv project project one ended up broken on the kitchen floor, tv 2 I cut the wrong chip off but still have the screen in case I ever need to replace screen on number three. Then there is project tv three.

I tried and tried to get this to work on USB power but even when I found a 5v point and connected the USB power up you could hardly see the screen, so I was left with resoldering all the wires I had carefully cut and ordered a 12v 1amp power supply which arrived today.

After cutting, joining, soldering and electro taping the wires I powered it up with the pi connected and bingo it works.

I didn't really want to run it as 12v as I liked the idea of running it from one psu but it wasn't going to be.

It now means when I get home from work tonight I can get back to using the pi on my settee without having to run leads to the big tv which puts me off of running it at night. I can't really use the hdmi tv upstairs as my partner is asleep so isn't fair on her. But now I got the tv project running it means I can take my pi to events, hotels and know I can run it.

Please if you enjoy my blogs click on one of the adverts, once I reach the set amount google will pay out and all money made will go towards buying new projects for me to make and blog about. Many thanks in advance and thank you for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment would love to hear your ideas.