Wednesday 11 December 2013

Cacheberry pi add on

After finding that the pi would occasionally throw a wobbly if you switched it off without shutting down I decided to add a switch that resets the pi.

On the pi board p6 near the power socket has two holes, I soldered two pins in here and bought a cheap pc reset button switch off eBay which I attached to p6. Now if the pi hangs or I need to turn it off I can hold the switch in and switch off the pi at the cigarette socket or press it quickly to reboot.

I have also added it to the top and also cut a little hole to let the heat out.

The p6 where I soldered the two pins (not soldered in this picture)

1 comment:

  1. latest blog with more detail on the cacheberrypi http://smstextblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/cacheberry-pi-in-detail.html

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment would love to hear your ideas.